How Freelancer Sites Work
For the Freelancer, sites work in a lot of ways
- Most will require a membership where they verify the email or more.
- Most do not require a fee up front for work.
- Most will Take from 5% to 15% of the price charged to the client
- Most will offer top billing on the bidding process for a fee.
- Most offer the freelancer premium status for a fee per month.
- You bid on a client project in a closed system and whoever is lowest usually gets it
- Your money(even if paid in advance) is held until the job is done
- You generally cannot show examples of your work in the bid process
- They send emails of new ads/submissions if they think you are interested
- If you bid on 20 submissions, you may get one
- You can spend hours to decide to bid on 5 projects that you never get
For the client, sites do it a bit different
- They require you to have a log in
- They allow you to submit a request for work
- The offer you a boost of your advertisement for a fee($5.00 - $27.50
- The allow you to pick and choose from freelancers only after they bid on your project
- You do not normally get to meet the Freelancers in advance
- Once you accept a Freelancer, you can talk to them through the site
- You usually do have the chance to drop the freelancer
How is www.applicationallstars.com different for Freelancers?
- Freelancers join for free for as long as they wish for 1 year at a time
- They are allowed to advertise each area of their business for free with their own ad(s)
- They never pay a fee for work they get from the www.allstarapplications.com
- They are only asked to treat our clients fairly and complete the work
How are Clients treated differently at www.allstarapplications.com?
- They don’t over pay for work because of the 5% to 15% fees
- They get to meet each and every Freelancer we have
- They can ask questions before making a choice
- They are not asked for a bunch of money for anything from Free-Lancers2
How does Free-lancers2 make out on this?
- We make a dollar or 2 on an ad placed by the Freelancer if the choose to pay it
- We make a dollar or 2 on an ad/submission placed by a client if they shoose to
- It is totally a volume thing. If enough people come, it works just fine
- We all have our own separate incomes where we do not rely on this
- We get a lot of satisfaction from seeing everybody happy and maybe enough to pay for the site
- Many only glance once a day and send an email to a client where they have the expertise
- Many get emails from clients that saw their profile and their ad at Application Allstars